Scrolling

A split machiya home in Tokyo, Japan

Hej hej! I'm back and as promised this will be a bit of an Asian interior week! Last Monday I visited Tokyo, Japan for 24 hours. It was a fantastic city and perhaps the most intriguing culture of all. Japanese are guided by the 5s principles: Seiri: Tidiness, Seiton: Orderliness, Seiso: Cleanliness, Seiketsu: Standardisation, Shitsuke: Discipline which are reflected in the home. Interiors are based on natural materials wood and stone and designed to encourage a respectful relationship with nature and bring balance and harmony to your life. This beautiful split machiya home in Tokyo, Japan from  Atelier Bow Wow is in two parts and connected by a lush courtyard.







'split machiya' by atelier bow wow, shinjuku, tokyo, japan
photographer: Manuel Oka via Design Boom
Can you see any reflection of the 5s principles in your home?! Every one minute I step on a piece of lego or trip over a barbie car which is followed by a string of expletives, so perhaps I need to work on this!!

Tomorrow it's time for a little Japanese give-away for you lovely readers so pop by if you get the a chance!

Have a lovely day!

 PS You can read more about this home here.

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Sadly I can see none of this reflected in our home, my long suffering German husband would love to live like this. I wonder where they put everything.
    I especially love the court yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAU, det er virkelig anderledes, men meget meget smukt eksekveret. Sikke en renhed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are back, amazing pics, have a lovely day!, big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...sounds like my life all to well, I stumble (and at night I quietely swear at it) on Lego and Barbie stuff everywhere, it never ends:)Very interesting with the five principles!
    Love Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Niki! Very cool house but if I would live in it there would be chaos and clutter all over in less than 5 minutes ;) I really envy people who can keep their places neat and organized but I'm too much of a pack rat for that I guess....

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the balustrade design, shame so non compliant in UK ;)....Japanese sense of space is so unique- did my master about it still very much in love in a subject :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The home design in Japan clearly showcases the country's five principles, which is very fascinating. i would love to have a Japanese-inspired home too because it strongly suggests peace of mind, cleanliness and discipline - which is what we all need right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab!!! I'd love to have a quirky looking house like that!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO