Scrolling

A truly incredible Swedish country home in monochrome

I fell in love with this home when I showed it decked out for Christmas in 2013. And now it's been beautifully captured by Kristofer Johnsson for Residence magazine. Ladies and gentlemen, it's the stunning home of Swedish calligrapher Ylva Skarp. Her home reflects her love for monochrome and is teeming with unique vintage finds and quirky touches. If you look closely you can also see hints of her artwork. What a truly incredible home, don't you think? 







Homeowner: Ylva Skarp, Photography: Kristofer Johnsson, Stylist: Residence.
Besides Ylva's fab artwork, what I really love about this space is the incredible mixture of textures (wood, concrete, paper, metals) which gives the home a part cabin, part country, part warehouse vibe.

And did you notice the industrial warehouse cart used as a day bed - what an ingenious idea?!

Is there anything that stands out to you?

Other incredible black and white country homes incude this and this one, and don't miss this fab apartment in Malmö.

Have a great day! 

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Oh I love that day bed, so wanna copy it for my boy.. and is that a bedroom behind the little bed... love it love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just imagine a little child having an afternoon snooze on the daybed - how cute! I'm not sure if that's a bedroom or not - it looks like either a bedroom or a 'snug' (or second sitting /TV room).

      Delete
  2. Beautiful home, with warm feelings, and I like how decently there are used pieces from IKEA..really nice <3
    Michael
    www.ontheleaf.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely loving the combination of rustic and modern pieces. Great colors and open space plan. I had to pin it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeous home - I love the fact it mixes a monochrome colour scheme with rustic elements. It's quite an unusual pairing, but it works beautifully here. I have house envy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to sit in such a lovely house for a few minutes once. Must feel sooo good. Haha :))
    www.color-castles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much natural light!! Love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great space! Love the industrial features contrasting with the lovely soft furnishings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! The most amazing one i've seen. I Love it!!!
    Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOD
    black and white, wood, and touches of gold is my dream house !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO